The EU is reviewing the packaging and packaging waste rules with the aim of:
- better enabling packaging prevention
- improving packaging design for reuse and recycling
- reducing “excessive” packaging and packaging waste
- increasing of recycling targets
- creation of binding reuse targets
- establishment of recycled plastic content targets for plastic packaging
- limiting packaging size as well as the amount of “empty space” in boxes shipped around Europe by online retailers.
This article has additional content for GS1 staff only. To access it, you must be logged in with your GS1 account.