Agriculture is the upstream part of the end-to-end food supply chain that needs to be fully connected and integrated into the downstream part of that same food supply chain.
This will be needed to enable the development of truly effective and trusted, wide scale-open and interoperable future solutions in line with the SDG’s and for the jobs-to-be-done. It will focus on themes where upstream data needs to be shared with downstream such as:
- farm-to-fork traceability (the green deal),
- corporate social responsibility,
- sustainable agricultural production,
- food safety and ethical certifications,
- carbon footprint controls,
- deforestation monitoring,
- fulfilling consumer trust of food products authenticity and provenance,
- improving frictionless trade,
- enabling circular supply chains and controlling food waste,
- controlling animal welfare,
- supporting local and direct sourcing,
- enabling improved food recall systems,
- supporting interoperable farming innovations in robotics,
- Internet of Things (IoT).
The ambition of this project is to contribute to these SDG’s by enabling efficient and effective supply chains in Europe and abroad.