From the data excellence working groups, every year some topics are prioritised and worked on in detail throughout the year. One of the best examples of this is the Global Data Model, which partly started as a European effort in order to harmonise the local data models for the European continent.
The (European) regional layer is now part of the GS1 Global Data Model standard. The governanence of the European regional layer is done by the European Maintenance Group. Pleadse see the agenda below for the next meetings.
How to become a member?
In order to be able to vote on changes (work requests), you have to be a member of the European Maintenance Group. To join, there are two steps to take:
- The GS1 Community Room is a virtual Workspace for GS1 groups. If you do not have access yet you need to setup a GS1 Community Room account
- Request to join GDM Regional Group Europe via mail: click here
- If the IP/OptIn is missing you will receive a mail back with documents you need to sign to finish the register process
How to submit changes?
- Directly via the Community Room (https://xchange.gs1.org/cr/Pages/home-new.aspx)
- Via your local MO (local sub team)